There are two parts to the course:
- The academic element explores the context of women's experiences across all aspects of society; home life, media representations, employment, and public life.
- The practical element provides training in presentation skills, assertiveness, networking, and applying for public appointments.
Women into Public Life delivers invaluable training to equip participants with the skills required to apply for posts and succeed with confidence.
Women are also supported in establishing a mentor to guide them on their journey to success. Mentoring is a key aspect of the course, pairing aspiring candidates with a more experienced person whom provides constructive and informed advice and support. Mentoring gives participants confidence to take control of their own journey; empowers them to plan their own future and capitalises on their potential.
Visit our upcoming courses page to find out if a course is running near you now, or contact us to discuss the potential for arranging a course in your area.
What our participants say about the course:
• "Life has been busy since training with WMAD... I established my renewable energy business, Urban Solar Ltd, became a Governor for Marlborough Primary School and am currently in the process of establishing Cardiff Energy Coop (CEC)."
• "The WMAD project is well known and respected within the Welsh Government and other organisations and therefore gives you enormous access if you want to become active in public or political life."
• "WMAD gave me the inspiration and confidence to stand for selection as a Plaid Cymru candidate in my ward in the last council elections."
• "The training helped me find my voice and how to use it. I lost myself being mother, wife, sister, carer... you helped me find ME."