The focus of the Women Making a Difference
project is not only to encourage more women into public and political life but also to advance the diversity of decision-makers. Therefore we aim to work with:
- Women who are disabled because of their physical and/or mental health.
- Black and Minority Ethnic women from a range of different cultures and homelands including women seeking Asylum, women refugees with leave to remain in the UK, as well as women who have been born and brought up in Wales/ the UK and are now 2nd or even 3rd generation.
- Women from diverse faith groups.
- Lesbian and transgender women.
- All ages of women (younger, middle aged and older) and at all stages of life, work, and caring responsibilities.
- Women who live in areas of high deprivation; both urban and rural.
- Women who feel that they lack the confidence to obtain a role in public or political life.