The first stage in our Women Making a Difference programme of training is our accredited community development course entitled Women for a Change.
The course is free and open to all women and successful participants will gain an Agored Cymru qualification in Community Development.
The course covers topics such as:
- Benefits of getting involved in community activity
- Sustainable community development
- Communication and confidence skills
- Strategic thinking and project planning tools
- Understanding the decision-making processes in local, national and central Government
It usually runs one day a week, for six weeks and during term times and school hours.
Wherever possible, we offer support with childcare and access costs or will even provide a free crèche depending on location and facilities available.
Our most recent courses in 2015 have been run in Swansea, Cardiff, and Glnneath and have proved to be a great success. Here are what some of our participants think about the course:
Gwen - participant in Swansea
Monika - participant in Bridgend